Matters of the heart.
Way to pray for my heart.
Prayer line homework
- Delight: Whatever it takes, Lord, give me delight in you as the greatest treasure of my heart.
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)
2. Desires: Whatever it takes, Lord, align the desires of my heart with yours.
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:9–10)
3. Dependence: Whatever it takes, Lord, increase my awareness of my dependence on you in everything so that I will live continually by faith.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)
4. Discernment: Whatever it takes, Lord, teach me to discern good from evil through the rigorous exercise of constant practice.
But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil. (Hebrews 5:14)
5. Desperation: Whatever it takes, Lord, keep me desperate for you because I tend to wander when I stop feeling my need for you.
Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word. (Psalm 119:67)
6. Discipline: Whatever it takes, Lord, discipline me for my good so that I may share your holiness and bear the peaceful fruit of righteousness.
He disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:10–11)
7. Diligence: Whatever it takes, Lord, increase my resolve to do your will with all diligence.
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:15–16)